Login | Registrieren

Eingeloggt bleiben

Blood Brothers - Daniel Wu, Shu Qi, Liu Ye

Diskutiere über asiatische Filme, Darsteller oder alles andere, das den Asien-Film-Fan interessiert.

Blood Brothers - Daniel Wu, Shu Qi, Liu Ye

Beitragvon Mic am Di, 19.06.2007, 11:07

Mir ist so, als wenn im Remake-Thread bereits etwas hiervon erwaehnt worden; denke aber, es ist an der Zeit, einen eigenen zu eroeffnen. Film wird bestimmt von Einigen geschaut, bei Manchen sicher auch nur zum Meckern.

Bild
Though the film is called "Blood Brothers" international, the original Chinese title literally means "Doorstep to Heaven" or "Gate to Heaven". Set in the 1930s Shanghai and mainly shot inside Shanghai Film Studios, the story tells three best friends arriving at the city of opportunity. While making fortune with the local gangs, they choose to go different ways, and turn against each other in the end. This movie is the result of a collaborations of multiple studios from the Greater China Region – the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan. The cast includes Liu Ye, Daniel Wu, Tony Yang, Shu Qi, Chang Chen, Li Xiaolu and Sun Honglei. Fortissimo Films is responsible for the international sales outside of Asia. Release in the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan has been aimed at August this summer. The poster will be distributed to theaters in the mainland China and the design will probably only be used in the mainland China. Like most movie poster designs come out of the country, this one sucks.
http://www.monkeypeaches.com/0706M.html#07A

Irgendwo schwirrt auch ein Trailer rum, aber 1 ) passiert da sowenig, dass auch der staerkste Baer in Tiefschlaf faellt und 2 ) setzt mittendrin der Ton aus.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Mic am So, 08.07.2007, 3:57, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mic
Asia Maniac

Filme bewertet: 1

Werbung

Re: Blood Brothers [ Bullet in the Head - Remake ]

Beitragvon GAMBIT am Di, 19.06.2007, 11:19

Mic hat geschrieben:Mir ist so, als wenn im Remake-Thread bereits etwas hiervon erwaehnt worden;

Steh gerade auf den Schlauch .. von was soll der Film ein Remake sein? Ansonsten sieht das ganze sehr ästhetisch aus.
Meine Rechtschreibfehler sind nicht urheberrechtlich geschützt und dürfen übernommen werden.

GAMBIT
Asia Maniac

Filme bewertet: 33
Filme rezensiert: 17
Mein Marktplatz: Ja

Re: Blood Brothers [ Bullet in the Head - Remake ]

Beitragvon Lee Arkin am Di, 19.06.2007, 11:23

GAMBIT hat geschrieben:
Mic hat geschrieben:Mir ist so, als wenn im Remake-Thread bereits etwas hiervon erwaehnt worden;

Steh gerade auf den Schlauch .. von was soll der Film ein Remake sein? Ansonsten sieht das ganze sehr ästhetisch aus.

Ein richtiges Remake ist es eigentlich nicht. Die Story ist nur von dem Film "Bullet in the Head" von John Woo inspiriert.
Lee Arkin
Bloodshed Hero

Filme bewertet: 27

Beitragvon Mic am Di, 19.06.2007, 11:44

Inspiriert, adaptiert, initiiert, uebernommen; kann man diskutieren drueber, wenn der Film vorliegt.
Es soll auch keine Wertung sein.
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon pso-blecky am Di, 19.06.2007, 15:08

Sieht aber schon sehr sehr hübsch aus, und da es kein direktes Remake ist und ich schon Bullet in the Head sehr gut fand, könnte das echt was für mich sein.
pso-blecky
Apprentice

Beitragvon Mic am So, 08.07.2007, 3:52

Gangster movie "Blood Brothers", produced by John Woo and Terence Chang with a star cast including Daniel Wu and Hsu Chi, is scheduled to start screening in Chinese theatres on August 9.

The star-heavy cast also features popular Chinese mainland actors Liu Ye and Sun HongLei, mainland actress Li Xiaolu, as well as Taiwan heart throbs Chen Chang and Tony Yang.

Set in the 1930s in the eastern metropolis of Shanghai, the film sheds light on gang conflicts, and also contains a lot of spice with relationships between gangsters and dancers.

The movie's director Alexi Tan is a first time director. He revealed that he was greatly inspired by John Woo's film "Bullet in the Head," made in 1990.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon Mic am Mo, 16.07.2007, 19:49

Die Kölner Gesellschaft für Markt- und Absatzforschung empfiehlt gerade Händlern in kleinen Städten häufiger umzudekorieren, um eine gute Einkaufsatmosphäre zu erzeugen:
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon vampir69 am Di, 17.07.2007, 16:01

Das Motiv mit Shu Qui is nett...Film hört sich interessant an.
Mein Blog über Filme, Games, Comics und andere schöne Dinge

https://frankonianzombie.wordpress.com/
vampir69
Asia Maniac

Filme bewertet: 6
Mein Marktplatz: Ja

Beitragvon Mic am Fr, 20.07.2007, 19:14

The world premiere of "Blood Brothers", an action film set in 1930s-era Shanghai from director Alexi Tan, will be the closing film at the 64th annual Venice Film Festival [ 08.09 ].

The film will screen in Venice one day before it opens in Hong Kong.
Zuletzt geändert von Mic am Di, 16.10.2007, 15:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon Mic am Do, 09.08.2007, 10:55

John Woo zum Film:
About three years ago, Terence Chang walked into my office and showed me the reel of a commercial director. Every single commercial on the reel told a vivid story within the 30- to 60-second time frame. The shots were very fluid and visually stunning. I felt that this director had a lot of potential. His name was Alexi Tan.

Later, when I was in the hospital due to a minor illness, Alexi came to visit me. I told him stories of my childhood in Hong Kong. If it were not for my religious beliefs, my strong and loving mother, and my passion for film, I would have joined the triads and my life would have taken a totally different path. Alexi was deeply drawn to my story and wanted to adapt it into a film. I told him that I had already made it years ago, as “Bullet in the Head.”

Soon after, I went to Beijing to prepare for “Red Cliff.” Coincidentally, Alexi has also just moved there. One day, Terence Chang passed on a script to me. It was an adaptation by Alexi Tan and writer Jiang Dan, based on the stories I told him. The setting was changed from 1960’s Hong Kong to 1930’s Shanghai. I thought it was very well written, and encouraged them to try to get the picture made.

Terence Chang gathered the best and hottest young actors from Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan: Daniel Wu, Shu Qi, Chang Chen, Liu Ye, Sun Honglei, Tony Yang, and Lulu Li. He also recruited the best creative team working in Chinese language cinema, including Philip Kwok, Alfred Yao, Tim Yip, and Wong Chi-ming. With the financial support of CMC Entertainment, the film “Blood Brothers” was finally made in the fall of 2006.

I am very happy with the result of “Blood Brothers.” The art direction, cinematography, and lighting stand out especially. For a first-time director, Alexi Tan was very fortunate to have worked with a bunch of such talented people. Other than congratulating him, I hope he can keep up the good work, and make “Blood Brothers” the start of a long and successful career.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2007-08-03/10331662787.shtml

Picture Book Shu Qi:
Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Picture Book Chang Chen:
Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Picture Book Daniel Wu:
Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon Mic am Mo, 27.08.2007, 16:06

'Blood Brothers' lacks emotional intensity:
After more than a dozen years in Hollywood, Hong Kong director John Woo has returned to Chinese-language film — and the gangster thriller genre he's best known for — with "Blood Brothers." It will be the closing movie at this year's Venice Film Festival, which starts Wednesday.

The character Mark in the Woo-produced movie is named after the gun-toting, trench-coat wearing gangster icon portrayed by Chow Yun-fat in the classic 1986 film "A Better Tomorrow." But the similarities end there. Woo's protege, first-time director Alexi Tan, makes a solid movie, but fails to convey the emotional intensity and brotherly loyalty captured in "A Better Tomorrow."

In 1930s China, three good friends — Feng, Gang and his younger brother Xiao Hu — leave their small village to pursue riches in cosmopolitan Shanghai. Led by Gang, they befriend a ruthless local gangster who runs a nightclub. Caught up in a life of crime, the trio's friendship breaks down, ending in bloodshed.

Perhaps that is Tan's first mistake: choosing such a generic gangster-themed plot line. The choice of old Shanghai as a setting is also a cliche.
The production design is exquisite, thanks in part to the meticulous work of Oscar-winning art director Tim Yip. The dapper double-breasted men's suits and bowler hats give the movie a Dick Tracy-like aesthetic. The women wear snug-fitting, Chinese-style qi pao dresses with long slits.
But the East-meets-West look of pre-communist Shanghai is also one of the most overused motifs in modern Chinese film.

Tan's ultimate failure, however, isn't wardrobe-related.
He doesn't sufficiently justify the bloodbath that the movie degenerates into, with the final massacre resembling the ultra-violent ending to Al Pacino's "Scarface."

In "A Better Tomorrow," Woo justified the violence unleashed by Chow's character, a disgraced, handicapped gangster who's motivated by pride, honor and the desire for revenge.
None of Tan's characters in "Blood Brothers" have that emotional edge. He also does not cultivate the brotherhood of Feng, Gang and Xiao Hu enough.
That's why the apocalyptic ending of the movie rings slightly hollow. Tan reaches for an epic, tragic conclusion, but falls short.

Chinese actors Sun Honglei and Liu Ye (seen in "Dark Matter" with Meryl Streep) deliver strong individual performances as gangsters overcome by evil, but they cannot carry the whole movie.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/08/ ... -Debut.php

-------------------------------------------------

"Blood Brothers" struggles at Hong Kong B.O.:

HONG KONG—Taiwanese actioner “Blood Brothers” brought in a disappointing HK$604,880 (US$77,541) its opening weekend here, according to distrib Golden Scene.
Pic, which opened Thursday, Aug. 23 on 20 screens, stars Liu Ye (“Curse of the Golden Flower”), Daniel Wu (“The Banquet”) and Tony Yang (“Ming Ming”). It’s a cautionary tale about three youngsters from the countryside who land in Shanghai in the 1930s.
Despite a strong cast, pic could not hold up to “Evan Almighty,” Thai horror pic “Alone” and “Invasion,” which also opened this weekend. Pic also landed behind “Rush Hour 3”--in its second week at theaters.
Directed by first-timer Alexi Tan, pic was produced by Terence Chang's Lion Rock Prods. and John Woo and inspired by Woo's "Bullet in the Head."

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/1957/1/
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon Mic am Di, 16.10.2007, 21:16

Auesserst edle Produktion, wie absehbar ein wenig zu ueberschaetzt kuenstlich und verkrampft jungfraeulich gehalten, um mit der asketischen Handlung wirklich auftrumpfen zu koennen. Die Bezuege zu Woos Werk hoeren mit der Ausgangsidee bereits wieder auf; hier und da koennte man noch Themengleichheit erkennen, aber weder arbeitet Choreograph Phillip Kwok in den seltenen Shootouts mit Woos Ballettdramatik noch wird diesselbe Pathoskraft erreicht, wenn denn ueberhaupt angepeilt.
Letztlich bekommt man das Setting von Shanghai Grand mit der streng ehrenhaften Wohlgestalt von The Banquet geboten; Mehr nicht, aber auch nicht Weniger und visuell immerhin ein Leckerbissen.

-- Text --

6/10
Mic
Asia Maniac

Beitragvon pso-blecky am Di, 16.10.2007, 22:48

Hat mich auch ein wenig enttäuscht, ich hatte viel viel mehr erwartet, weil ich das setting sehr ansprechend finde und bullet in the head einfach ein toller film ist.
meiner meinung war der film einfach viel zu kurz um eine gute atmosphäre aufzubauen und der geschichte ihre zeit zu geben.

ebenfalls 6 von 10
pso-blecky
Apprentice

Beitragvon kami am Mi, 17.10.2007, 12:03

Aber weder etwas Originales noch Individuelles oder zumindest Kreatives besitzt.

Kein eigenes Risiko. Kein eigener Gewinn.
Gesetzmäßigkeiten, die Grenzen setzen und man nicht überschreiten kann, solange man nicht den revolutionären Akt der Selbstbefreiung vollzieht.
Gleichfalls Motto für den Film als auch in ihm:

Mic, der beste Freund der Ellipse.

Ansonsten: Schöne Rezi zu einem Film, von dem ich mir mittlerweile nicht mehr übermäßig viel erhoffe.
"These shoes are so uncomfortable, it´s like getting kicked in the nuts ... for the feet!"
kami
Asia Maniac

Mein Marktplatz: Nein

Zurück zu Diskussion